Caregiver Recharge Program
This program is designed to enable people with dementia/Alzheimer's to engage in fun activities & socialize from the comfort and security of home.
While the care recipient is engaged in the scheduled activity, caregivers have the option to dial in to connect to a support group facilitated by an experienced dementia specialist or use that window of program time available for some “me” time to recharge.
Recharge for Care Recipients
Program / Activities for Care Recipient
The program for the care recipients is designed to provide social interaction & activities that are stimulating & fun for folks with dementia. Studies have shown that maintaining a routine, listening to music, engaging in activities & socializing can all help to improve quality of life for dementia / Alzheimer's patients.
Sample programming for Care Recipients:
- Music and Art designed to soothe and comfort
- Self expression
- Travel Diaries
- Matching Games
- Memory Games
- Reminisce Sessions
People with Dementia
- Improve disposition
- Provide meaningful activities
- Potential to improve cognitive ability and coping skills, slow progression of disease
- Improve self esteem and confidence
Caregiver (Recharge Program Support Group Participants)
- Provide respite for caregiver during the session
- Peace of mind that care recipient is receiving vital social interaction
- Engagement in support group to discuss issues they are facing, share tips & coping skills
- Education on effective care-giving for dementia