Caregiver Recharge Program
This program is designed to enable people with dementia/Alzheimer's to engage in fun activities & socialize from the comfort and security of home.
While the care recipient is engaged in the scheduled activity, caregivers have the option to dial in to connect to a support group facilitated by an experienced dementia specialist or use that window of program time available for some “me” time to recharge.
Recharge for Care Recipients
Program / Activities for Care Recipient
The program for the care recipients is designed to provide social interaction & activities that are stimulating & fun for folks with dementia. Studies have shown that maintaining a routine, listening to music, engaging in activities & socializing can all help to improve quality of life for dementia / Alzheimer's patients.
Sample programming for Care Recipients:
- Music and Art designed to soothe and comfort
- Self expression
- Travel Diaries
- Matching Games
- Memory Games
- Reminisce Sessions
People with Dementia
- Improve disposition
- Provide meaningful activities
- Potential to improve cognitive ability and coping skills, slow progression of disease
- Improve self esteem and confidence
Caregiver (Recharge Program Support Group Participants)
- Provide respite for caregiver during the session
- Peace of mind that care recipient is receiving vital social interaction
- Engagement in support group to discuss issues they are facing, share tips & coping skills
- Education on effective care-giving for dementia
Partnering with Virtual Villages, Senior Communities & Elder Care Service Providers to Create Virtual Communities using the TeleVisit Platform.
Depending on the virtual villages or organization’s needs and requirements, members of these communities can socially engage /participate by:
1. Joining TeleVisit’s Existing Programs in a special group that is created specifically for your organisation.
2. Joining a Customized Program that is co-branded with your organization
Studies have shown that an active physical and social life is an important factor in healthy aging and reducing the risk of cognitive decline and dementia. Physical limitations and constraints in the aging process may result in a decline in active participation for seniors.
TeleVisit’s programs aim to create virtual communities that enable homebound seniors to continue to remain socially active. Older adults can continue to be socially active, participating/engaging in daily social interactions and activities from discussions on topics of interest to exercise and stretching sessions, and attending educational “seminars” from the comfort of home.
Participants in TeleVisit’s pilot program study reported that active participation and being part of the virtual group and programs offered had given them access to social activities, opportunities to make new friends, and a general improvement in a sense of well-being.
Additionally, a similar Caregivers’ virtual community will offer support and social interaction for family members and caregivers.
Please contact us for additional information and to discuss co-branded and customized programs.